FAQs for Buyers
Before we begin, please make sure you have set up your account following our guide here.
What is the dashboard, and how does it work?
Your dashboard considers all your inventory. There are three main parts:
- Budget – This shows as a pie chart and shows your current budget.
- Remaining – how much of the budget you have left to spend.
- Bought – inventory you’ve bought.
- Pending – this may include bids that have yet to be managed from the seller’s side, or any payments you have withdrawn.
- Activity – This shows the activity of the bids you have received, as well as how you have managed them.
- Bid Information – This shows how many bids you’ve received in total, and how they have been managed.
There is also a button on the dashboard if you need help with anything. Please click this, and it will take you to our in-platform messaging so we can help.
We are working on our platform constantly, and there will be new analytics we will add to this area. If there’s something you need, please get in touch.
What is a campaign?
The campaign is a summary of all the details pertaining to a brief you’d like to pass onto a media owner, seller, or content creator. The purpose of it is to give the media owner as many details as possible so they will be able to understand what their needs and deliverables are. The campaign includes details such as:
- Creative Link – this can be used to share a contract, deliverables, artwork and more.
- Start Date
- Description – Within 250 characters, briefly describe your campaign. For extra detail, please use the Creative Link to attach documents.
- Advert Category
- Clearance Needed – If there are any age restrictions on your brief.
- Geography or Country
What do I need to include in my campaign?
Quite simply – the more information the better. Please make sure you fill out all of the details listed above so that a media owner can understand your campaign. The area for ‘Creative Link’ is the most important part as you’ll be able to include as much detail as possible. You could use the link to send things like presentations or Dropbox links with multiple folders. Here are some of the details you could include:
- A contract
- Set of deliverables
- Advertising examples
- Information on your brand
- Creative artwork
How do I create a campaign?
- Select ‘Portfolio’ and you will automatically land on ‘Campaigns’.
- Click the pink ‘Create a campaign’ button.
- Within the first screen, ‘Information’, fill out the relevant details of your campaign and go to the next step. Please note all these fields need to be filled out.
- In ‘Geography’, select the relevant Geography or Country for your campaign and go to the next step.
- In ‘Advert category’, select the most relevant category for your campaign and go to the next step.
- In ‘Clearance’, select the relevant age clearance needed and go to the next step.
- Review all the information you have entered, and once you’re happy, select ‘Create a campaign’.
How do I view or edit a campaign?
- Select ‘Portfolio’ and you will automatically land on ‘Campaigns’.
- Click on the title of the campaign you would like to view.
- Here, you can view all the bid activity on this campaign.
- Within the image at the top, you can select ‘edit campaign’ which will show all the information you have entered about the campaign. You can edit this directly within the form.
- Click ‘update campaign’ to save your change.
How do I search the marketplace?
- Go to ‘Marketplace’.
- You will see a filter system to the left-hand side.
- Select all the filters relevant for your search, the mandatory options include:
- Campaign – it is important to match the bids to the relevant campaign.
- Media Type – this includes TV, Podcasts, Radio, Influencers, Sponsorships & Events, and Connected TV. You can make bids within the same campaign for different media types, however you will have to search separately.
- There are also optional advanced filters you can fill out, these include:
- Date range
- Platform – this is relevant to Influencers only and refers to social media.
- Price range
- Age category
- Once you’re happy with your filters, select ‘Search marketplace’.
- The relevant inventory based on your filters will show.
- Within the table, all relevant information will show including the average price per slot.
How do I make a bid?
- Search the marketplace as above.
- Click on the inventory that you would like to bid on.
- Locate the individual piece of inventory, making sure you view all the relevant information. This includes:
- Description – what you are getting.
- Audience data – how many people estimated to see this.
- Additional information
- Once you’re happy, click on the pink ‘Bid’ button on the right-hand side of the piece of inventory.
- Enter the amount of your bid. Please bear in mind that a seller has set a guide price for a reason and may not accept a lower bid.
- Tick the box to confirm you accept the T&Cs of using our platform.
- Select ‘Place bid’
- Your bid will then be sent to the seller to either accept, reject, or negotiate.
- You will also notice that the initial ‘Bid’ button is replaced with a ‘Bid placed’ button, and you will no longer be able to bid on that piece of inventory.
How do I view the inventory I've bought?
- Owned inventory refers to any inventory you have bid on that has been accepted, therefore you now “own” it.
- Select ‘Portfolio’ and within the green banner click ‘Owned Inventory’.
- The owned inventory will show as a list and show all relevant information you need to see, including:
- Date / Duration
- Sponsorship / Influencer including description
My bid has been accepted, what happens next?
Congratulations! The seller will be reviewing your bid along with any deliverables or information you have sent over to them within your campaign details. If you haven’t sent over any deliverables, please contact them directly via our messaging platform. To do so, you can follow our handy guide here.
You can share as much detail as you’d like within the messaging feature. Please make sure to include a timeframe on when you’d like them to complete your request by if this is relevant.
The seller will then complete your request and once their content is live, they will let you know. If you’re concerned at any point, please reach out to the seller in the first instance, and Media Exchange Group afterward.
How do I view the bid?
To view the bid, you’ll need to locate your owned inventory. To do this:
- Go to ‘Portfolio’
- In the green navigation, click ‘Owned Inventory’
- This page will show you a list of all the inventory you own along with their details and the current status
How do I talk to the owner of the inventory?
You can do this via our messaging platform. To find out how to do this, follow our handy how-to guide here.
What happens if I’m unhappy with the deliverables received?
In the first instance, please get in touch with the inventory owner and let them know. It may be possible for them to fix any issues or resubmit their work. If you’re still not happy, please get in touch with us as soon as possible by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and give us as much detail as possible including:
- The inventory owner
- The specific bid
- The deliverables agreed
One of our team will be in touch as soon as possible. Once you’ve let us know, we’ll also be able to postpone any payments until the dispute is solved.